Welcome to Kintbury St Mary’s Primary School
We are delighted that you are choosing to send your child to Kintbury St Mary’s Primary School in September 2023. The whole staffing team are looking forward to meeting with you soon so that we can start this wonderful educational journey together.
We know from experience that children feel a range of emotions when confronted with the prospect of starting school. The programme we have planned (see below) has been designed to support their transition and to allay any anxieties and fears that your child may have. We promise that we will make the transition as smooth as possible for our new children.
- Parents’ Information Briefing - We would like to invite you to an information briefing on Tuesday 13th June from 6.00pm – 7.00pm. This will be an opportunity for you to meet the EYFS team. It will be a relaxed but informative event in our school hall, which will give you an insight into Kintbury St Mary’s and provide you with a chance to ask any questions you may still have. Additionally, you will be taken on a tour of the site, including the EYFS classroom. We ask you please to confirm your attendance to Mrs Broer in the school office on email@example.com. If you are unable to attend or would prefer not to, the PowerPoint presentation from the evening will be made available on our website.
- Stay and Play – This year we will be splitting the children into two smaller groups for their initial stay and play visits before coming together for our final whole class stay and play on July 4th. We would like to invite our new Reception children in on Thursday 22nd June/Friday 23rd June for their first Stay and Play session. Children and parents will be able to spend one hour in the classroom enjoying the environment and helping the children to feel settled and ready for their first full day in September. The sessions will run from 9 – 10am on both days. You will be contacted directly regarding which group your child will be in.
- Leave and Play – The children are also invited to spend one hour in the classroom without their parents. You should arrive at the gates of our reception classrooms (at the bottom of our car park) at 1:30pm on Thursday 29th June/Friday 30th June. Children can then be collect at 2:30pm from the reception gate.
- Whole School Moving Up Morning – We will welcome the whole class for a moving up morning on Tuesday July 4th. During this time the children will have their first experience of being a whole class. You should arrive at the gates of our reception classroom at 9:00am on Tuesday 4th July. Children can then be collected at 10:30am from the reception gate.
- Home Visits –Miss Court will be in contact with every family after half term to arrange a home visit for the week beginning July 3rd. Although our visits will be short and sweet, we will be able to get to have a one to one chat and help support both you and your child with the move up to BIG school.
Starting School in September
The school year begins on Tuesday 5th September. For the first week of school, the children will be split into their two groups so that they can gradually become familiar with the school environment and expectations. The whole class will have their first full day altogether on Monday 11th September.
Monday 4th September
Wednesday 6th September
Thursday 7th September
Monday 11th September
School Closed to Children
Term 1 Begins
8:40am – 12pm
8:40am – 12pm
1pm – 3pm
1pm – 3pm
Whole class in school together.